Saturday, January 22, 2011

How To Make A Cake Shaped Like The Alamo

tracheotomy

When the end of the first week when I was intubated, the doctor told me I should "give it a try" to see my self in breathing, I am reminded of the episodes of ER, where, when someone was extubated, he coughed the blood before returning to breathing normally. I was still very much in mind when, just days before, I could not cough and the idea of \u200b\u200bdying while trying to cough breathe and terrified me.
In addition, I had already explained that it is generally not advisable to extubation and reintubation a patient, because it increases the risk of infection.
One morning just came to my room and told me today I extubation. I started to cough before touching me.
I was half an hour without a tube, the oxygen mask over his mouth and the hand of my doctor. In the end, a beautiful hyperventilation, and a healthy dose of curare was reintubation.

Nearly a week after I was already out of time for the tube, in the long run can give over to infection, even injury to the trachea. Just stared at the August 2 date on which I was tracheostomized.
My long-evaluated this hypothesis that the doctors had suggested earlier and finally agreed, by signing the form. The doctors told them that, even if they refused, they would proceed anyway, given the critical nature of my condition.
remember that in the instant before that I shot in the mood for sleep morphine and curare, held the hand of my favorite nurse, looking terrified and tear down.

I know my mother would come into my room even though the doctors had said I was still under anesthetic and that came out in tears soon after. He had resisted the vision of her daughter with her eyes slightly open and globes facing backwards.

When I woke up, despite all the fears before the operation, I became immediately aware that the tracheostomy tube was less annoying. It was not as painful as I expected, indeed. In fact I felt only a slight tingling in my throat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment