Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Have One Bump Is It Herpes

Days 5:06 - intubation

The doctor, at my express request, I have finished treatment with immunoglobulins, because I see no improvement, indeed, I was totally paralyzed, she answered honestly, the disease has yet to reach its peak, and generally This occurs in 2-3 weeks. I became discouraged.
not now not even moved his arms and breathing had become more difficult. Neurologists subjected me to a electromyography, examination used to determine the driving time of the nerve impulse: more time, more damage to the myelin nerves, the more difficult movements.
From the expression of the face of the doctor realized that my latency was very long.
addition, they can not swallow, I had to spit my saliva on piles of gauze that nurses put me in the neck to avoid getting wet. The evening of the first day I had a respiratory crisis, but the nurses and me sitting on the bed with a little of tapping (they called it that) I stopped coughing.
In fact, coughing is not really the appropriate term. Since it also began to paralyze my diaphragm, I was not able to cough and every little itching in the throat resulted in desperate attempts to expectorate, followed clearly from the state of agitation which caused me to fail.
So when the second night in intensive care I was shaken by a new attack of my cough without cough, the nurse tried again the day before the operation, as they tried to put myself lying, face down and bust out of bed, fighting to turn back to help me cough. At one point I remember having experienced a burning sensation in the back that I asked the nurse stops beating. But the cough did not go and I fell asleep. And I intubation.
I remember when I woke up the next morning and found myself connected to this long green plastic tube. He looked like a wrinkled, one of those tubes that use electricity to move the wires. Only in passing that the oxygen that fan I pumped directly into the bronchial tubes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment